Last Updated: 21 May 2012
TrustSphere is committed to ensuring your privacy when you use the trustsphere.com website, the servers operated by TrustSphere, and any TrustSphere software or services (collectively ‘the TrustSphere Services’). This policy outlines our personal information handling practices. ‘Personal Information’ is information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data that can reasonably be linked to such information. It does not include information provided by you that is collected into groups so that the information no longer reflect you individually. If we obtain your Personal Information, we will treat it according to this policy.
TrustSphere’s use of Personal Information
TrustSphere requests and uses Personal Information when you create an account, authorize end users, request or operate a TrustSphere Service, create and publish a data report, correspond with TrustSphere or engage in other activities on its websites. For example, if you request technical support online or via telephone, TrustSphere will ask you for information necessary to authenticate you as a customer or end user, and to provide the requested support, such as your name, address and information about your computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
TrustSphere may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to fulfill your request for provision of the TrustSphere Services;
- to update you with relevant information concerning the TrustSphere Services;
- to make important service announcements, including notification of any changes to the website and/or TrustSphere Services;
- contact you about your use of the website or about our products and services;
- to respond to your comments or requests;
- to maintain a record of the relationship between email addresses to provide the TrustSphere Services;
- to verify and re-verify of the identity of senders;
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop and improve the website and our products and services; and
- for internal and marketing/promotional purposes including newsletters, which may include advertisements.
- The above is indicative of the ways TrustSphere may use your Personal Information and is not intended to be exhaustive.
As is true of most websites, TrustSphere may also automatically collect certain aggregated data regarding use of the TrustSphere Services, including the number of users, frequency, data queries, data publishing and manner of usage of our service and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to better understand how the TrustSphere Services are used and by what type of user base and to track maintenance and support dialogues with end users and customers, and to improve the TrustSphere Services. We do not link this aggregated information to your Personal Information in a way that will personally identify you. Providing such information is completely voluntary, and while individuals are under no obligation to provide such information, our customers may not get the full benefit of TrustSphere Services and support without providing such information.
TrustSphere does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If it learns that it has Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems. TrustSphere encourages parents to go online with their children and to talk with their children about communicating with strangers and disclosing Personal Information online.
Disclosure and Information Sharing
TrustSphere will not sell Personal Information to any third party.
TrustSphere will not share Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of TrustSphere, its parents, subsidiaries and/or affiliates other than in the following circumstances:
- with your consent.
- if you register for services that are co-branded and/or offered in conjunction with another company, both TrustSphere and the other company may receive the information collected;
- if we have a good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- protect any rights or property of TrustSphere, including the investigation of possible breaches of or enforcement of any of our agreements,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, and/or
- act in urgent circumstances to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of TrustSphere, its users or members of the public;
- if TrustSphere becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, any form of sale of some or all of its assets or liquidation of TrustSphere. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is TrustSphere’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
While TrustSphere may share aggregated statistical information about users of the TrustSphere Services with third parties, including our data licensors, distributors, vendors, actual and potential customers, and third-parties that offer products or services for use with the TrustSphere Services, this information is not linked to any Personal Information.
Linked Web Sites
Through links on the TrustSphere website and user services portals, you may interact with a number of service partners with whom TrustSphere has a relationship to provide information and/or commercial e-mail services to its customers and end users. In general, personal information provided to Habeas will be protected by such partners by requirements at least as strict as TrustSphere’s own privacy policies. However, TrustSphere does not exercise control over the sites displayed. Please be aware that TrustSphere is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. TrustSphere strongly encourages you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) third-party sites, as they may differ from TrustSphere’s in some particulars.
You can choose not to receive information about additional products and services that we think you may be interested in when you register for the TrustSphere Services. Also, if you have opted-in at registration but later decide that you no longer wish to receive further promotional material from TrustSphere, you can opt-out after registration by following the specific unsubscribe instructions in the email you receive.
We always provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe from communications you have previously requested. You may also opt-out of sharing your information with third parties. Each email communication from us explains how to do this.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your Personal Information changes, you may update it by making the change on your account page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it is your responsibility to keep your Personal Information updated.
If you no longer desire our service and would like your account to be deleted, please email email@example.com.
The security of your Personal Information is important to TrustSphere. TrustSphere has taken certain technical and procedural steps to try and safeguard your Personal Information from misuse, unauthorized disclosure, and/or loss or destruction. For example when you enter sensitive information, such as credit card numbers on a TrustSphere registration or order form, TrustSphere encrypts that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Further, access to your Personal Information is limited to people who need it to do their job. These people may include contractors who have been engaged by TrustSphere to undertake the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information. TrustSphere staff periodically affirm their understanding of their obligations to protect Personal Information and are aware that they may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet their confidentiality obligations. Similarly, TrustSphere requires its service partners and contractors to keep the Personal Information of customers secure and confidential. TrustSphere also requires that these contractors and service partners use your account and Personal Information only on behalf of TrustSphere and/or to suggest enhancements to your use of its website.
TrustSphere adheres to MAAWG Best email practices and is Habeas certified, the most broadly used internet whitelist. As part of its ongoing commitment to leadership in the email security space, TrustSphere is also a member of various industry alliances. These include global organizations such as the Mail Anti-Abuse Working Group (www.maawg.org) and the Authentication and Online Trust Alliance (www.aotaalliance.org), as well as Singapore-based organizations such as the Singapore Infocomm Trade Federation (www.sitf.org.sg) and the Singapore Computer Society (www.scs.org.sg).
TrustSphere also follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to it, both during transmission and once it is received. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while TrustSphere strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, TrustSphere cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Integrity and Retention
TrustSphere will not retain your Personal Information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Changes to this policy
TrustSphere reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. It will advise you of changes by posting a prominent notice on our website. When TrustSphere posts changes to this policy, it will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this policy.
If you have any questions regarding TrustSphere’s privacy policies or practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.